August 26, 2019 – Dayco, a leading engine products and drive systems supplier for the automotive, industrial and aftermarket industries, is delighted to announce the introduction of thermostats into its growing portfolio. In keeping with its ongoing commitment to quality, the range is naturally designed and manufactured to meet the most stringent original equipment (OE) specifications.
The role of the thermostat is to effectively control the flow of coolant around the cooling system and allow the engine to reach its optimum working temperature as quickly as possible. Dayco thermostats are designed to efficiently accomplish this objective for all engine types, while also satisfying three key requirements:
REDUCED FUEL CONSUMPTION:
Modern cooling systems play a crucial part in the drive towards reducing fuel consumption. The demands for increased efficiency together with factors such as higher flow rates, turbocharger technology, autonomous heating and air conditioning have transformed the traditional process of engine cooling into complex cooling systems.
Future emissions regulations will require engines to operate at 10% higher temperatures in order to ensure optimal fuel combustion. This will require more powerful cooling systems in order for the vehicle to run efficiently for its entire lifespan.
REDUCED WEAR AND TEAR:
Efficient thermal management is one of the most important factors in the fight to combat wear and tear within the engine. Without effective temperature control, despite the presence of oil, damage and increased wear to the engine’s internal components would be unavoidable.
Dayco’s extensive technological know-how and drive to ensure its products deliver to the highest levels of performance means that a combination of precision couplings and quality materials has enabled the company to produce thermostats that are the equal of OE products in their quality, safety, efficiency and durability.
TRADITIONAL THERMOSTATS (THERMOSTATIC VALVES AND INSERTS) ENCOMPASS:
- Moving rod
- Main plate
- Main spring
- Secondary spring
- The main plate is made of seamless steel for greater reliability and durability
- Leading valve technology prevents thermal shocks to protect the entire cooling system
- The bulb, or sensing element, is made of the most advanced wax-copper mixtures, to ensure extremely accurate temperature activation
- Housing thermostats are an integrated part that combines the thermostat and housing
- Dayco housing thermostats are made of polyamide resins or aluminium, of equivalent quality to the OE products, guaranteeing excellent heat, mechanical and water resistance
- The polyamide housing is also individually checked during production to verify perfect sealing and total absence of leaks. In addition, the geometric and dimensional precision inherent in the design, ensures flawless coupling with the hydraulics and associated cooling system components
- The integrated electronic sensors provide highly accurate coolant temperature measurements with response times equal to the OE products
- The valves with electronic sensitive elements within map controlled thermostats, which are directly operated by the vehicle’s ECU, allow for ‘smart’ management of the thermostat in order to reduce fuel consumption, emissions and improving engine performance
WHY CHOOSE DAYCO THERMOSTATS?
- Dayco provides a complete range of thermostat components – from single thermostatic valves and thermostats with flanges to complete housings with sensors
- Products equivalent to OE quality and performance
- More than 250 thermostat codes
- All components are tested and verified during production to guarantee the highest quality
- Wide and continually expanding range with wide coverage of the circulating vehicle parc
- New packaging that enhances the brand identity and product integrity
- On-line and traditional paper catalogues for quick and secure identification of the correct product for the application
- World leader in automotive technology for over 110 years
- OE Supplier of the world’s leading brands on all continents
Audi, Alfa Romeo, BMW, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Dacia, Daihatsu, DS, Fiat, Ford, Hyundai, Honda, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Lada, Land Rover, Lancia, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Saab, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Suzuki, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volkswagen, Volvo.
Dayco is a global leader in the research, design, manufacturing and distribution of essential engine products, drive systems and services for automobiles, trucks, construction, agriculture and industry.
Dayco’s contributions are integral to how people get from place to place, goods are transported, food is harvested, and infrastructure is built. The company operates according to long-held values — keeping promises, delivering on time all the time, and an intense commitment to service no matter what the obstacles. For more than a century, Dayco has overcome challenges, emerging stronger and smarter at every turn.
Dayco improves how the world moves by creating products, systems and relationships that endure. Move Forward. Always.™
Dayco has more than 40 locations in 21 countries and over 4,500 associates. For more information about Dayco, visit the Company’s website at www.dayco.com