Cookies are short fragments of text (letters and/or numbers) that allow the web server to store information about the client (the browser) to be reused during the same visit to the site (session cookies) or later, even after several days (persistent cookies). According to user preferences, the cookies are stored from a single browser onto the specific device used (computer, tablet, smartphone).
Similar technologies, such as, for example, web beacons, clear GIFs and all forms of local storage introduced with HTML5, can be used to gather information on user behaviour and the use of services.
Later in this document we will refer to cookies and all similar technologies by simply using the word “cookies”.
We do NOT sell information that personally identifies our visitors such as name, telephone number or email address.
Based on the characteristics and the use of the cookies, we can distinguish several categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for the correct functioning of DAYCO site and are used to manage the login and the access to reserved functions of the site. The duration of cookies is strictly limited to the working session (they are deleted when the browser is closed).
- Performance and analysis cookies. These cookies are used to collect and analyse anonymously the traffic and the use of the site. These cookies do not identify the user but can detect, for example, if the same user reconnects at different times. They are also used to monitor the system and to improve its performance and usability. The deactivation of these cookies does not result in any functionality loss.
Third Party Cookies
When visiting a website, cookies can be received both from the site visited (“first-party cookies”) and from sites managed by other organisations (“third-party cookies”). A good example of this are the “social plugins” for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. They are parts of the visited page that are directly generated by the above sites and integrated in the host site. The most common use of the social plugins is aimed at sharing contents on the social networks.
The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies from and to all the sites managed by third parties. The processing of information gathered by “third parties” is ruled by the information notes you should refer to. For an improved transparency and convenience, the web addresses corresponding to the information notes and methods to manage the cookies are listed below.
- Facebook information note: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Facebook (configuration): access your own account. Privacy section.
- Twitter information notes: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- Twitter (configuration): https://twitter.com/settings/security
- Linkedin information note: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- Linkedin (configuration): https://www.linkedin.com/settings/
- Google+ information note: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Google+ (configuration): http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/managing/
DAYCO site also includes specific components transmitted by Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). These are also third-party cookies collected and managed anonymously to monitor and improve the host site performance (performance cookies).
Google Analytics uses “cookies” to collect and analyse anonymously information (including user’s IP address) on how the DAYCO website is used. This information is collected by Google Analytics, which processes it in order to draw reports for DAYCO . This site does not use (and does not allow third parties to use) Google analysis tool to monitor or collect personal identification information. Google will not link IP addresses to any other data held by Google nor will it associate an IP address with the identity of a user. Google may also disclose this information to third parties where required by law or in cases where the said third parties process the aforementioned information on behalf of Google.
For further information please follow the link indicated below:
The user can selectively disable the action of Google Analytics installing on their browser the opt-out component provided by Google. To disable the action of Google Analytics, please refer to the link below:
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the browser is closed or the user logs out. Other cookies “survive” after the browser is closed and are also available for future visits of the user.
These cookies are known as persistent and their duration is set by the server at the time of their creation. In some cases a deadline is set, whereas sometimes the duration is unlimited.
DAYCO does not use persistent cookies.
The user can decide whether to accept the cookies or not by using the settings on their browser.
Important: disabling all or part of the technical cookies can compromise the use of site functions reserved for registered users. On the contrary, the usability of public contents is possible even if the cookies are completely disabled.
“Third-party” cookie deactivation does not jeopardise navigation in any way.
Setting can be defined specifically for different websites and web applications. Furthermore, the best browsers allow the user to define different settings for “first-party” and for “third-party” cookies.
For example, the Tools -> Options -> Privacy menu in Firefox gives access to a control panel where the user has the option to accept or reject the different types of cookies and remove them.
Newsletter and Marketing Campaign
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform and we will treat your information with respect.