Dayco is recognized in the automotive industry as a world leading manufacturer of timing belts, engineered using innovative materials, with different structures and tooth profiles to meet the performance of modern engines.
Timing belts are designed for diesel and petrol engines and are installed on vehicles and commercial vehicles.
Today, timing belts are subjected to new stresses and working conditions:
- High diesel injection pressure where in some applications it exceeds 2000 bar
- Multi-valve motors: double camshaft with high loads
- Engines with high power and engine compartment temperatures above 120°C/250°F.
In addition, they must guarantee:
- Noise reduction.
- Minimum dimensional tolerances
- Reduced elongation
- High abrasion resistance of the cover fabric on the teeth
- Superior duration and longer performance
Dayco provides a wide range of solutions to the market:
- NR: first generation belts, generally not subjected to high work loads or big thermal stress (working temperature 80°C-90°C/175°F-195°C).
- HSN: offers superior resistance to high working temperatures (even up to 110°C/230°F) and pulsating loads.
- HDT: designed for demanding applications and equipped with a special fabric on the back to withstand temperatures up to 115°C/240°F and increase the lateral wear resistance.
- HT: made of a PTFE (highly abrasion-resistant) film coating, designed to minimize the wear of the tooth fabric, mainly used on latest-generation diesel engines with high injection pressures to guarantee maximum belt life on engines, withstanding temperatures up to 120°C/250°F.
- HK: equipped with aramid-based fibers for superior durability and reduced noise, manufactured for the latest engine generations to withstand temperatures up to 120°C/250°F.
- BIO: timing belts designed to work in an oil bath, resistant to contamination and high engine oil temperatures.
Dayco timing belts meet all original equipment manufacturer performance requirements.
Europe market: Packaging environmental labelling